Once you've sold your home, you should take a few steps to return your smart home products to their factory default settings. This removes them from your accounts and readies them to be used by the new buyer.
To reset your August Smart Lock
1.Tap the Menu
2.Go to Settings.
3.Select your lock on the Settings page.
4.Tap Factory Reset.
5.Select Reset to
confirm that you would like to proceed with the factory reset.
To reset your Nest Learning Thermostat
1. Log into your account in the Nest app.
2. If you have multiple homes, select the home that has the Nest Thermostat you’d like to remove.
3. Choose the thermostat you’d like to remove.
4. Tap the Settings icon in the upper right hand corner.
5. Select Remove thermostat at the bottom of the menu. You’ll then be asked to confirm your choice.
To remove a Nest Protect from your Nest Account, start by logging into the Nest app. Then follow these steps:
1. Select Nest Protect from the home screen.
2. Click or tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner (it’s shaped like a gear).
3. Select the Nest Protect that you’d like to remove from your account.
4. Click or tap Remove Nest Protect.
5. Click or tap Remove to confirm your choice.
Once removed from your Nest Account, your Nest Protect will still work, sounding an alarm if it detects smoke or carbon monoxide. However, removing a Nest Protect from your account will limit your access to some of the features:
- You’ll no longer be able to view the last reported status of the Nest Protect in the Nest apps.
- You won’t be able to adjust the settings to enable or disable features (like Pathlight).
- You’ll no longer receive notifications from the Nest Protect on your smartphone or tablet or in your Nest Account.
The steps for removing a Nest Cam or Dropcam from your Nest Account are the same whether you’re using a phone, tablet or computer:
1. Open the Nest app on your phone or tablet. If you’re on a computer, go to home.nest.com.
2. On the home screen, select the camera that you want to remove.
3. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen to open the camera’s settings.
4. Select Remove camera at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap Remove on the confirmation window.
6. You’ll get a confirmation email from Nest, letting you know that the camera has been removed from your Nest Account.
There is no need to reset your Lutron Caseta BridgeTo reset your Echo Dot
Use a paper clip (or similar tool) to press and hold the Reset button for five seconds. You can find the Reset button at the base of your device. After you press and hold the Reset button, the light ring on your Echo device turns orange, and then blue.